Children need healthy meals to learn. Nazareth Schools offer healthy meals every school day. The price of lunch is Elementary $2.45, Intermediate $2.45, Middle School $2.70, High School $2.75. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.40 for lunch. If you are interesting in applying for this program, please click on the link below to download the application.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free or Reduced Price Household Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out ALL required information. Return the completed application to:
Mrs. Karen Weisel
Food Services Secretary
357 Tatamy Road
2. Who can receive free meals? Children in households receiving Food Stamps or TANF and all foster children can receive free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can receive free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.o:p>
3. Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children receive free meals? Please call Pam Vlasaty, 610-759-1170, ext.1104 to see if your child(ren) qualify(s), if you have not been informed that they will receive free meals.
4. Who can receive reduced price meals? Your children can receive low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.
5. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals? Please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at 610.759.3632 if you have questions.
6. I receive WIC. Can my child(ren) receive free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
7. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.
8. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps or TANF. If you lose your job, your children may be able to receive free or reduced price meals.
9. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Ms. Bernadine Rishcoff, Business Admin., One
10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a
11. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
12. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally receive $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only received $900, put down that you receive $1000 per month. If you normally receive overtime, include it, but not if you receive it only sometimes. List the gross income each person earned from work. This is not the same as take-home pay. Gross income is the amount earned before taxes and other deductions.
13. We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.
If you have other questions or need help, call 610-759-3632.
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 610-759-3632.
Si vous voudriez d’aide, contactez nous au numero: 610-759-3632.
Last Modified on February 5, 2015