New Teacher Induction Program (TIP)
Goals of the NASD Teacher Induction Program (TIP)
The goals of the Nazareth Area School District Teacher Induction Program (TIP) are to provide each inductee with a general orientation to the Nazareth Area School District and to increase his/her knowledge and improve his/her teaching skills.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Familiarize the inductee with school district policies and practices and to integrate them into the social system of the school and community.
- To provide an opportunity for the inductee to analyze and reflect on their teaching with coaching from veteran teachers.
- To support the development of the inductee’s professional knowledge and skills.
- To provide continued assistance to face the challenges of the new teacher.
- To cultivate a professional attitude toward teaching and learning, and working with others such as students, parents and colleagues.
The general topics to be covered in our TIP can be classified into two categories:
- Those designed as orientation activities to familiarize the inductee with the Nazareth Area School District.
- Those activities designed to develop and define the professional knowledge and skills of the inductee.
An orientation program will be presented by district staff prior to the beginning of each school year in August. A similar type program will be presented to any newly-hired inductee throughout the school year by the chairperson of the TIP program to insure the continuity of the program. Some of the topics that will familiarize inductees with the Nazareth Area School District will include:
The Framework for Teaching
Salary and benefits
PA Public School Code and district’s policy book
Courses of study and curriculum
Central duplicating system
Hiring a substitute teacher
Technology and AUP
Lesson plans and plan books
First day routines
Grouping of students
Empoyee Assistance Program (EAP)
Act 48, Instructional I, Instructional II, TenureClick here for the Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Handbook for 2020-2021.
Click here for the Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Mentor Handbook for 2020-2021.