Daily Substitute Custodian - Long Term Basis
A Daily Substitute Custodian is needed on a long-term basis for the Nazareth Area School District, with an initial assignment at Shafer Elementary School. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 1:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Custodians report directly to the Director and Supervisor of Facilities and Operations and/or his/her designee. They shall perform duties necessary to the care, protection, and preservation of the buildings and grounds in his/her charge. The health, safety, and welfare of the occupants are entrusted to his/her care; therefore, high standards in regard to cleanliness, sanitation, orderliness, and safety must be maintained.
Qualifications for this position:
- Two years of related trades experience and high school diploma or GED.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and use of custodial procedures, equipment, and cleaning materials.
- Physical and emotional stamina sufficient to work effectively as a member of a crew performing custodian work requiring team efforts.
- Sufficient language, reading, math, reasoning/judgment, and personal skills to perform basic tasks without close supervision.
- Maturity and ability to deal harmoniously and effectively with other custodians, school staff, parents, and students.
- Must be able to work days and hours as outlined above.
Applicants must submit a Support Staff Application, letter of interest, and resume to Human Resources, One Education Plaza, Nazareth PA 18064. If hired, must be prepared to produce evidence of the following forms current within one year: Act 34 (PA Criminal History) and Act 151 (PA Child Abuse History) clearances, FBI check, and Act 82 form, PA School Health Record with TB test, Act 168 for current and previous employers, and I-9.
The rate of pay will be $11.00 per hour. Deadline to apply: October 7, 2019.
Management reserves the right to reassign employees of a defined job classification. Nazareth Area School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or handicap in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures contact the Superintendent, Coordinator of Title IX, Section 504 and the American with Disabilities Act at Nazareth Area School District, One Education Plaza, Nazareth, PA 18064. Phone: 610-759-1170.
For information regarding services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by handicapped persons, contact Human Resources, at 610-759-1170 or call the building principal directly. E.O.E.