Substitute Associate Teachers

Substitute Associate Teacher positions are available in the Nazareth Area School District.  Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:


  • Completion of at least two years of postsecondary study at an institution of higher education; or an associate’s degree.
  • Experience working with students in a Special Education classroom beneficial.
  • Adept in written and oral communication skills.
  • Successful interpersonal skills and teamwork.
  • Ability to take direction, to show initiative, and to know when either is appropriate.
  • Flexibility in handling a wide variety of situations in the school environment, job, and community.


Internal applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resumes.  External applicants must submit a Support Staff Application, letter of interest, resume, college transcripts and the following forms current within one year:  Act 34 (PA Criminal History) and 151 (PA Child Abuse History) clearances, FBI check, Act 82 form to Human Resources, One Education Plaza, Nazareth, PA 18064.  Additional paperwork will be required prior to/upon hire, including but not limited to PA School Health Record with TB test, Act 168 for current and previous employers, and I-9.



Management reserves the right to reassign employees of a defined job classification.  Nazareth Area School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or handicap in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.  For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures contact the Superintendent, Coordinator of Title IX, Section 504 and the American with Disabilities Act at Nazareth Area School District, One Education Plaza, Nazareth, PA  18064.  Phone:  610-759-1170.


For information regarding services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by handicapped persons, contact Human Resources, at 610-759-1170 or call the building principal directly.  E.O.E.