Keystone Test Day Information
Click here for specific information on where to go and what to do on test days. The Algebra I Keystone will be administered on May 16. The Biology Keystone will be administered on May 19. The Literature Keystone will be administered on May 24.
Keystone Exam Information
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) adopted Keystone Exams in Algebra I, Biology, and Literature in January of 2010. Keystone Exams are end-of-course assessments that evaluate student proficiency in the aforementioned content areas. Effective with the class of 2023, students graduating from a Pennsylvania public high school will need to meet specific criteria outlined by Act 158 of 2018 and Act 6 of 2017, in order to fulfill their statewide high school graduation requirements. Act 158 provides 5 pathways (see the enclosed flow chart) for students to achieve these requirements.
The following statements cover general information about the first two graduation pathways regarding Keystone Exams. The Keystone Exams are an important component in completing the graduation pathways required by PA Act 158.
- The Keystone Exams are also used for federal accountability purposes under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Many students will complete the graduation requirement using the “Keystone Proficiency Pathway” or the “Keystone Composite Pathway.”
- All 5 pathways, outlined by Act 158, require students to take all three (3) Keystone Exams
- Students who are unable to achieve proficiency on all three exams OR cannot meet the composite score, will be moved into an alternate pathway
- Students can attempt to achieve proficiency on a Keystone Exam more than once
- It should also be noted that the results of the Keystone Exams must appear on students’ final transcripts.
Prior to testing, students should review the Online Tutorial and Online Tools Training for the subject area Keystone Exam they are scheduled to take using the link: https://wbte.drcedirect.com/PA/portals/pa. On testing days, students need to bring their school-issued Chromebook (fully charged), Chromebook charger, and course materials for after testing.