NAIS Guidance Office
Mr. Chris Mamana
Hello, my name is Mr. Mamana and I am the School Counselor for all students last names M-Z at Nazareth Area Intermediate School. I have a Master of Education degree in School Counseling from Millersville University in Lancaster, PA and a Pennsylvania State Certification in Elementary School Counseling.
Ms. Tammy Drugatz
Hello, my name is Mrs. Drugatz and I am the School Counselor for all students with the last names A-L at Nazareth Area Intimidate School. I have a Masters of Science degree in Counseling from the University of Scranton in Scranton, PA and a Pennsylvania State Certification in Elementary School Counseling.
Phone: 484-292-1111 x3006
School Counselors assist students with their social, emotional and academic development in an effort to learn about themselves and others. We work cooperatively with parents, teachers and the community to meet the needs of students through prevention, early identification and intervention.
School Counselors meet the needs of students through:
· Providing individual and small group counseling for students expressing difficulties
· Conducting planned small groups to respond to student needs or interests
· Providing classroom instruction to support student and teacher needs
School Counselors meet the needs of teachers through:
· Consulting with teachers about strategies to help students
· Assisting students referred by teachers
School Counselors meet the needs of parents or guardians through:
· Consulting with parents or guardians regarding any concerns about their children
· Providing information for parents or guardians
School Counselors meet the needs of the community through:
· Consulting with community agencies to help students and families
· Using community service referral sources to deal with needs for special services
· Participating in community outreach activities