Inclement Weather & Early Dismissal Procedures for Non-public SchoolsThe following is our procedure for transporting non-public school students when there is inclement weather or the non-public school has early dismissal:
1. If Nazareth Area School District has cancelled school for the day due to inclement weather, no buses will be running to any of our non-public schools.
2. If Nazareth Area School District is on a delayed start schedule, we will transport on our delayed start time.
3. If the non-public school is on a delayed start schedule, but Nazareth Area School District is running on regular time, we will transport on the delayed times for the non-public school.
4. If the non-public school dismisses early due to inclement weather, Nazareth Area School District will try to honor that dismissal time as long as it does not interfere with Nazareth’s dismissal. Every effort will be made to pick up students as close to the dismissal time as possible.
5. If the non-public school has an early dismissal due to an in-service or Holiday and Nazareth Area School District does not, Nazareth will pick up at the early dismissal time.
6. If Nazareth Area School District has no school due to an in-service or Holiday, non-public schools that are running on those days will be transported at their regular times.
For those students attending Bethlehem Catholic High School, Notre Dame High School, Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts and Upper Moravian High School, a NOT IN SESSION form must be completed and submitted to the Transportation Department each school year to ensure transportation on these days.