Annual Private Tutoring Requirements
The school year for the Private Tutoring Program runs from July 1st through June 30th. If your student is already enrolled in the Nazareth Area School District Private Tutor program from the prior year, the documentation requirements are below.
By August 1st for the upcoming school year:
- Report from the student’s private tutor listing all students enrolled in their private tutoring by grade level for the upcoming school year
- If private tutor’s clearances on file are going to turn more than five years old during the upcoming school year:
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check (from within the last five years)
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance (from within the last five years)
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (from within the last five years)
- If the student is entering grade 3 or grade 7:
- Dental Exam Records *
- If the student is entering grade 6 or grade 11:
- Physical Exam Records *
- Record of Immunizations for child *
* Evidence of immunizations/health/dental services may be provided in one of three ways:
- submit actual records (using the Physical form and Dental form)
- submit letter from the doctor stating legal requirements have been met
- statement of religious objection.
Throughout the school year:
- Private Tutor or parent maintains a portfolio of records and materials, samples of writings, worksheets, tests, and a log of instructional activities
By June 30th at the end of the school year:
- Parent written assurance that the instructional requirements listed in the regulation has been met. The regulation to be met can be found in this link: Code § 11.31 (b)(2)
- Private tutor (unless private tutor is also the parent) written assurance that the instructional requirements listed in the regulation has been met. The regulation to be met can be found in this link: Code § 11.31 (b)(2).